Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sweet New Mid Century Modern Desk

As we have been slowly weeding our house of the crappy ikea furniture we originally acquired when my wife and I first came together, we have been replacing it for the most part with stuff that we are making, or with pretty solid antiques from back when stuff was actually made in the USA.  The beautiful part is that we have been getting the bulk of it for way cheaper than anything we can get at any store.

We just scored this desk on craigslist for only $85 bucks, which is cheaper than I would have paid for the wood, solid walnut, had I been ambitious enough to try and build a desk myself.  It has sense left the garage, and is now being relegated to the home office.




The desk is from a company called "Mazor" from Washington Silver Springs, which I think is a suburb of the DC area, and that's all I can really find out about it, as there is really not much of an online record of the company.  Spending my childhood seemingly trapped in various antique stores, I suppose that I shouldn't be too surprised that as an adult I covet old things that smell of moth balls, ben gay, and the other various scents of old people.

2 comments:

paminabox said...

I'm jealous, I've been on the hunt for furniture for months now and here you are with a fabulous find!

The print you're referring to would have to be tweaked a little to be made print-ready, but I can totally make a reserved listing for you! If you have questions and are still interested, feel free to email me (pamwishbow@gmail.com)

paminabox said...

I actually was going to put up a new bird piece in my shop, it's there now if you'd like to check it out!

I'm happy to resize, would you like to continue this via e-mail so we don't spam each other's blogs. :)

you can contact me at pamwishbow@gmail.com